Helpful Living Apartments
Who Should Consider the Helpful Living Apartment Program
We receive many requests from individuals who are no longer able to be as independent as is required in their current homes; however, they do not need the extent of care given in our licensed intermediate care area, which offers all prepared meals, medication administration, treatment programs, prescribed therapy programs, etc. Individuals who are having difficulty preparing three meals a day, maintaining a home, and getting out into the community would be able to enjoy the continuance of independent living with the advantages of helpful services close at hand. Individuals living in Helpful Living Apartments may at some time need temporary or permanent assistance not offered within the program. How are these services made available?
A temporary illness such as a cold or the flu may not necessitate further additional care or assistance. However, routine (regular) assistance with dressing, personal hygiene and/or mobility, assistance in dealing with incontinency, medication supervision and/or advanced problems of forgetfulness would require a move to licensed level of care within our facility. The availability of additional services within our campus community affords a helpful transition to increasing care needs.
Maple Heights is dedicated to serving the needs of the elderly in Mapleton and surrounding communities. We are branching out to the Helpful Living Apartments to fulfill the needs of individuals wishing security and assistance so that they may remain an independent person. We recognize each individual has personal needs, individual histories and unique problems to be addressed.
Helpful Living Unit Amenities:
- Raised outlets to allow for less bending
- Seated showers
- 3/4 size refrigerator
- Microwave oven
- Built in linen closets
- Entry lighted closets
- Large lighted bedroom closets
- Oak cabinetry in bathrooms and kitchen areas
- Separate heat & cooling controls
- Call lights in bedrooms & bathrooms
- Drapery on all windows
- Fully carpeted units, except for linoleum in the bathrooms
- Smoke detectors with 2 hour fire wall between units
- Each unit has its own unique features
- Parking spaces located next to entrance
- Backyard private patio
Services Included in Monthly Fee:
- All utilities including basic cable, except for phone & cable TV upgrades (HBO & Cinemax).
- Three nutritionally planned meals are served daily. Special diets will also be included.
- Daily use of their own community dining room/lounge with basic cable TV viewing and a beverage/snack bar.
- Daily, these residents may participate in the activities of the nursing facility if they so choose.
- Residents may participate in daily activities organized by Maple Heights Nursing Home.
- Entire unit maintenance will be done by Maple Heights.
- Walks, lawn and parking lots will be maintained by Maple Heights.
- Once monthly, housekeepers will come in to vacuum and clean the bathroom. Periodic window, refrigerator and microwave cleaning will also be done to insure cleanliness
- Unit #1 - Features 550 sq. ft.; located closest to lounge & laundry area. Built in bedroom shelves. This is a nice cozy unit.
- Unit #2 - Features larger kitchen area with ample windows. Has a front & back door with 740 sq. ft. A unique vestibule can be an excellent study or sewing area.
- Unit #3 - 580 sq. ft. of efficiency. A separate front door allows easy access. A back door joins the central hallway, a nice walk-in closet off the bedroom.
- Unit #4 - The largest unit offers two spacious bedrooms. The kitchen has its own pantry. The library area, inside the front door, adds a nice feature. This arrangement gives you a sensation of space with 810 sq. ft.
Rates and Additional Charges
- Transportation will be provided to appointments in town or out of town.
- Call lights to summon assistance: billed on a time basis.
- Spouses or siblings are welcome to share units for an additional charge.
- Laundry and linens can be done once a week for a monthly charge. A washer and dryer will be available for individuals wishing to do their own.